✅ Dive between the Eurasian and American continental plates
✅ Free hotel pick up and return in Reykjavik
✅ 2 guided dives (if the temperature drops below 0°C we do only 1 dive)
✅ All necessary diving equipment
✅ Hot chocolate and cookies in the dive break
✅ Silfra entrance fee
✅ Certified PADi® Divemaster Guide
Availability: All year round, daily
Duration: 6-8 hours from the time of pick up in Reykjavik to the return. If you meet us at Silfra, please expect to be with us for 4-6 hours.
Min/max: For your safety and convenience we conduct this tour with a minimum of 1 and a maximum ratio of 3 divers per dive instructor.
Please bring: Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent, proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date, long underwear, thick socks & suitable clothes for the weather of the day.
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date
have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- Be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- Minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18-year-old participants)
- Physically fit
- Ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- Not be pregnant
- Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour.
- Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.
Silfra, a lava fissure filled with crystal clear glacial water, is counted among the top five dive sites in the world by many prominent dive publications. Silfra is best known for its 120-meter underwater visibility and for being the only place in the world where you can dive between two continental plates. On this dive, you will be able to place one hand on the North American continental plate and the other on the Eurasian continental plate. If you are a certified dry suit diver, this is a must-dive site!