✅ Dive between the Eurasian and American continental plates
✅ 1 guided dive
✅ All necessary diving equipment
✅ Hot chocolate and cookies in the dive break
✅ Silfra entrance fee
✅ Certified PADi® Divemaster Guide
Availability: All year round, daily
Duration: 3-5 hours
Min/max: For your safety and convenience we conduct this tour with a minimum of 1 and a maximum ratio of 3 divers per dive instructor.
Please bring: Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent, proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date, long underwear, thick socks & suitable clothes for the weather of the day.
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date
have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- Be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- Minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18-year-old participants)
- Physically fit
- Ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- Not be pregnant
- Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour.
- Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.
Dive into the most unique body of water in the world with unparalleled visibility. Silfra is a crack in the Earth ripped open by the movement of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. The crystal clear glacial water filling the Silfra fissure has been filtered for decades through underground lava rock, providing over 100 meters of underwater visibility. The underwater scenery that you experience in Silfra is found nowhere else on Earth.
At the Silfra Meeting Point, your guide will give you a detailed briefing of the dive site and will then assist you in setting up our dive equipment. We use high-quality BARE and Aqualung brand SCUBA equipment and APEX or Aqualung regulators.