✅ 1,5 – 2 full hours out on the ATV trails during the Midnight Sun
✅ Sightseeing over Reykjavík with stunning views
✅ Hafrafell & Úlfarsfell Mountain summits, Hafravatn Lake
✅ Inspiring displays of nature
✅ Gear: overalls, helmets, balaclavas, gloves
✅ Optional: pickup & return transfer from your Reykjavík Hotel
Limited availability!!! Offered only in June & July!
Duration: 3,5 hrs total – 2 hrs on Bike
Departures: Only in June & July
Season: Only in June & July
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
What to Bring: Good outdoor shoes, clothes suitable to weather conditions and adventurous spirit.
- Hotel pickups are not included in the price of the tour. We do offer a pickup service, but you are also very welcome to make your own way to the Safari Quads Base Camp!
- To view company policies and cancellation procedures, please view Quad Safari Policies.
- Contact us if you want a private departure & tour.
- The departure times of the tours will vary throughout the midnight sun season, this is due to the constantly changing sunrise and sunset times. Feel free to email us if you have any questions!
- Please keep in mind that the visibility of the midnight sun can be affected by cloud cover of which we have no control over.
- Sometimes this makes for a more beautiful sunset, other times it can block it’s view. It all depends on Mother Nature’s will!
- Please note: we’ll be adjusting the start times for each month of the midnight sun to best coordinate with current sunrise and sunset times.
Tracks are dependent on weather and trail conditions.
EXPERIENCE ICELAND’S (ALMOST) EVERLASTING SUNSET SURROUNDED BY RAW NATURE!
If you’re joining us in the months of June or July, prepare yourself for some awe-inspiring displays of nature. Just before midnight, Mother Nature lights the sky ablaze with supercharged colours of gold and orange that further intensify as dusk approaches. As the sun slips just beyond the horizon, the sky illuminates at midnight for a few magic moments before the sun rises again. Our Midnight Sun ATV Tour takes to you the highest mountain peaks of Reykjavík to watch this enchanting display first hand.
AS DUSK SLOWLY FALLS OVER REYKJAVÍK, YOUR ADVENTURE IS SOON TO BEGIN
As you anxiously await your upcoming late-night expedition in the lobby of your hotel, your charming and occasionally humorous Safari Quads Guide will arrive! He will pick you up and take you to our Safari Quads Base Camp located only 15 minutes from downtown. You’ll say goodbye to the buzzing city of Reykjavík as you are engulfed in the wilderness and rugged landscape.
ESCAPE THE NORM, THIS TRIP CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN ICELAND
On arrival, your SQ Guide will give you a rundown on our safety rules, ATV operations and get you geared up! We welcome both ATV newbies and ATV enthusiasts on this tour. By this point, you’ll be tingling with excitement and looking cool in your ATV gear! You’ll hit the trails at roughly 10:00 PM for two hours to watch the sun’s mystical dance on the horizon from the seat of your ATV en route to the highest point of the trails to watch the main event.
PRESS ON TO THE PEAKS, MOTHER NATURE IS WAITING FOR YOU
From asphalt and gravel roads to mountain tracks, rocky paths to steep slopes, you’ll get the thrill of quad biking on a range of terrains. All the while you will be surrounded by stunning scenery as the sun slowly sneaks towards the land. Your destinations for viewing the midnight sun are two magnificent mountains: Hafrafell and Úlfarsfell. Each peak offers unbelievable views across the Reykjavik area and the Reykjanes Peninsula. The ultimate place for viewing the midnight sun in action! Your SQ Guide will give you time to relax on the peaks to quite literally watch the sun set and rise all in the span of a handful of minutes. From the peaks, you’ll head back down the mountain to conquer the rest of the trails including river crossings and off-roading at its finest. Get excited!