✅ Guided snorkeling tour in one of the world’s top dive sites, Silfra Lava Fissure
✅ Swim between the American and European continental plates
✅ Enjoy the underwater visibility in crystal clear waters
✅ Drysuit Snorkeling
Price: 15.310 ISK (included in the price is a guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling) and 19.310 ISK (included in the price is pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling).
Minimum participants: Two people (contact us if you are traveling alone as we might already have a small group departing at your desired date).
Maximum participants: 8 people per guide
What To Bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit,
- Warm socks & towel
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Lunch or snack
- Camera (you can rent a GoPro camera with us)
From 1. April – 30. Sept: 9:00, 12:00 and 15:00 (Pick up starts an hour earlier)
From 1. Oct – 31. Oct: 9:00 and 12:00 (Pick up starts an hour earlier)
From 1. Nov – 31 March: 10:00 and 13:00 (Pick up starts an hour earlier)
Please note that this is the meeting time at Þingvellir P5 parking lot – Pick up from your hotel starts an hour earlier.
If you do not require pick up, the meeting point is Silfra car park P5 in Thingvellir National Park. Please park your car at “Thingvellir P5” and walk 400m back along the road until you reach a smaller car park with all the snorkel and dive vans, and look for your Adventure Vikings guide. Please be there, ready to meet your guide 5-10 minutes before your tour is due to begin.
For GPS: 64°15’23.508″N 21°6’58.676″W
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall/maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 16 years of age
- Not be pregnant
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meter deep, where you can almost see the end to end as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.