✅ Iceland’s second largest glacier Langjokull
✅ Drive in specially modified glacier vehicles / Free WiFi
✅ Experience the glaciers beauty from the inside
✅ Breathtaking Man-Made Ice Cave
✅ Entrance and English speaking guide in the ice cave and tunnels.
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell or Klaki base camp.
- During winter, Please use road one towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Tour starts from Husafell in winter time (16th of October-31st of May) and in summer time (1st of June-15th of October) at Klaki base camp by Langjokull glacier’s edge
- Shuttle departures at 10:00, (11:00)*, 12:30, (14:00)* & 15:00 from Husafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 60 min. during winter.
- Ice tunnel tour with guide for about an hour
- The tour is 4 hours during winter and 2,5 hours during summer.
* (extra departures, not always available)
Please notice that departure in this tour is from Husafell or Klaki at Langjokull Glacier’s edge. You will need your own car to drive to the glacier where the tour starts.
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from either Husafell or Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge.
- Entrance and English speaking guide in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver/guide/audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
Shuttle from Husafell to glacier vehicles:
We offer shuttle service between Husafell and Klaki base camp in the summertime from June – September. Meeting point for the shuttle is in Husafell service center. The shuttle departures at 10:00, 11:00, 12:30, 14:00 & 15:00 from Husafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Shuttle Price:
- Adults: ISK 2000
- Teenagers 12-15 yrs: ISK 1000
- Children 0-11 yrs: free of charge
Bring with you:
MANDATORY: WARM CLOTHING – even in summer, don´t forget it’s a glacier!
- Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat & gloves – easy to take off.
- Sunglasses – the sun on the glacier shines very bright.
- Camera – for those indescribable moments
Winter 2016-2017 (16.10-31.5): Please note that the meeting point is at Húsafell.
***Please use road one towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.***
***Please note that road 550 is CLOSED from October until June.***
Please note that the mountain road F550 which connects both Húsafell and Þingvellir national park to Klaki base camp is a rough gravel road ONLY suitable for 4×4 vehicles during summer, mid-June to mid-October.
Húsafell – N64 41.950 W20 52.118
Klaki base camp – N64 39.014 W20 34.962
Summer only(1.6.-15.10): Please use the shuttle from Húsafell if you do not have a 4×4 vehicle.
The shuttle departs from Húsafell at 10:00, 11:00, 12:30, 14:00 & 15:00. The shuttle ride takes 30 minutes.
Your Into The Glacier Adventure is truly a unique experience. You will get the opportunity of a lifetime to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – from the inside!
Never before the Langjokull ice tunnels, has anyone been able to see the beautiful blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier. You’ll get to drive in a specially modified glacier vehicles on the glacier, explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world and go INTO the glacier to experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside!
An experienced guide will lead the way the whole time to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves to the fullest.
It´s time to take ice cap glacier exploration to a whole new level. Dive in. Welcome on board! Book Your Into The Glacier Adventure now.