✅ Iceland’s second largest glacier Langjokull
✅ Knowledgable English speaking guide in the ice cave and tunnels.
✅ A guided ride in specially modified glacier vehicles / free WiFi
✅ Experience the blue ice and the beauty of the glacier from the inside
✅ Breathtaking man-made ice cave
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell or Klaki base camp. See directions below under “meeting point”
- Tour starts from Husafell in winter time (16th of October-31st of May) and in summertime (1st of June-15th of October) at Klaki base camp by Langjokull glacier’s edge
- Shuttle departures at 10:00, (11:00)*, 12:30, (14:00)* & 15:00 from Husafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 40 min. each way during summer and 60 min. during winter.
- Ice tunnel tour with guide for about an hour
- The tour is 4 hours during winter and 2,5 hours during summer.
* (extra departures, not always available)
Drive road one towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell. View the exact location in Google Maps HERE.
GPS: N64 41.950 W20 52.118
During the summer, you can also meet at Klaki Basecamp. To reach Klaki Basecamp, continue driving road F550 from Húsafell until you reach the basecamp.
GPS coordinates: N64 39.014 W20 34.962
***Please use road one towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.***
***Please note that road 550 is CLOSED from October until June.***
Please note that the mountain road F550 which connects both Húsafell and Þingvellir national park to Klaki base camp is a rough gravel road ONLY suitable for 4×4 vehicles during summer, mid-June to mid-October.
MANDATORY: WARM CLOTHING – even in summer, don´t forget it’s a glacier!
Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat & gloves – easy to take off.
- Sunglasses – the sun on the glacier shines very bright.
- Camera – for those indescribable moments
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from either Husafell or Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge.
- Entrance and English speaking guide in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver/guide/audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
- If needed snowsuits and overshoes are provided during check-in
- Crampons / Spikes for ice walk inside tunnels. Provided upon entering the tunnels.
Shuttle from Husafell to glacier vehicles:
We offer shuttle service between Husafell and Klaki base camp in the summertime from June – September. Meeting point for the shuttle is in Husafell service center. The shuttle departures at 10:00, 12:30 & 15:00 from Husafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Adults: ISK 2000
- Teenagers 12-15 yrs: ISK 1000
- Children 0-11 yrs: free of charge
Come join us for an adventure that will lead you to the untouched beauty and raw nature of Langjokull, Iceland’s second largest glacier. Enjoy the opportunity of a lifetime as we journey up the white slopes and go deep inside the man-made ice tunnels leading to the blue heart of the glacier.
We will ride in modified glacier vehicles specially made to explore the glacier environment and enjoy the view as we drive on top of the ice cap. Our experienced guides will lead the way and make sure that everyone is both enjoying themselves and learning the basics of glacier knowledge.
Join us for this once in a lifetime trip and explore the rare sights both on top of Langjokull glacier and inside the man-made ice tunnels. Book your Into the Glacier adventure today.