✅ Perfect winter combo in Iceland
✅ Super Jeep Experience
✅ Vatnajokull Glacier (Europe’s largest Glacier)
✅ Departure from Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
✅ Fantastic photo opportunities
✅ Adventurous snowmobile ride (no prior experience needed)
✅ Explore unique Ice Caves (15 – 20 minutes)
✅ Necessary safety equipment (helmet, wind and waterproof overall and crampons)
Availability: Available 1. January* -31. March
Meeting Point: At Jokulsarlon-Glacier Lagoon 30 minutes before departure time (GPS Coordinates 64.0478597,-16.1789879) – View on Google Maps HERE.
Bring with you: Warm clothes, hiking boots, headwear, and gloves.
Duration: Approx 3 hours
Included: Overall, helmet, gloves and crampons.1 to 1,5 hour on a snowmobile (depends on the weather), 15 to 20 minutes in the Ice Cave.
Extra fee for one person on snowmobile, 9.000 ISK
*our combo tours are extremely weather dependent, and therefore we are not able to open for booking for the whole winter season just yet!
- A valid driver´s license is required.
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is canceled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Iceland Advice / Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Iceland Advice / Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons
- If the driver or passenger causes damage on the snowmobile the driver is responsible, and therefore have to pay for the repair of the snowmobile.
Enjoy the purity of the snowy mountains and become one with Iceland’s spectacular nature. Our tours are fun and easy and offer only the best experience for individuals looking for a scenic ride and even first-time riders!
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey.
The journey starts at Jokulsarlon- Glacier Lagoon, after a short briefing about the great adventure ahead, we jump in the Super Jeep and start our trip to Vatnajokull Glacier, where we pick up our snowmobiles.
Don’t worry about driving the snowmobiles, we introduce you to everything you need to know in a short workshop, it’s super easy and everybody can learn it within minutes! For the Ice cave part, we´ll go into and underneath the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside
Our guides provide you with safety equipment (helmet, wind and waterproof overall and crampons) and the fun begins!