✅ Guided snorkeling tour in Silfra Fissure – Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral, Big Crack, and Silfra Lagoon
✅ Drysuit and other snorkeling equipment that will keep you warm and dry
✅ Small-Group Guarantee – 6 person max per guide
✅ One of the world’s top dive sites.
✅ Enjoy snorkeling between the American and European continental plates
✅ Beautiful surrounding area of the Thingvellir UNESCO world heritage site.
✅ Crystal clear waters – amazing underwater visibility
✅ Free photos from the tour
✅ Small-groups & personal experience
✅ Certified PADI dive guide / Dive-master
✅ Hot drinks and cookies after the trip
Availability: All year.
Meeting point: Silfra parking lot | Park your car at P5 parking lot at Thingvellir and walk back to the parking lot where the snorkeling/diving vans are (see photo below under “meeting point”)
GPS: Latitude: 64.255739 – Longitude: –21.124083 – View on Google Maps HERE
Meeting time: 30 minutes before tour start time.
Bring with you: Thick socks, contact lenses if you wear glasses, long underwear and a change of clothes (just in case) & a towel.
Group size: 6 persons per guide.
Duration: 2-3 hours (you will be in the water for around 30-40 minutes)
Included: Guided snorkeling tour, free photos, snorkeling equipment, hot drinks & cookies after the trip and Silfra entrance fee.
NOTE: Participants must have read, signed and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here (You can sign the form at the meeting location).
Please keep in mind that If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form
To be able to do this tour, you have to be able to comply with the following requirements:
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. You can sign the form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in the water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English or have an interpreter with you at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 65 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
Snorkeling in Silfra is truly once in a lifetime experience! National Geographic describes Silfra as one of the top dive sites in the world. Find out for yourself as you glide between tectonic plates floating on pure, filtered glacial meltwater. This is the ultimate bucket list trip. Only available in Iceland.