✅ Guided snorkeling tour in Silfra Fissure – Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral, Big Crack, and Silfra Lagoon
✅ Drysuit and other snorkeling equipment that will keep you warm and dry
✅ Small-Group Guarantee – 6 person max per guide
✅ One of the world’s top dive sites.
✅ Enjoy snorkeling between the American and European continental plates
✅ Beautiful surrounding area of the Thingvellir UNESCO world heritage site.
✅ Crystal clear waters – amazing underwater visibility
✅ Free photos from the tour
✅ Small-groups & personal experience
✅ Certified PADI dive guide / Dive-master
✅ Hot drinks and cookies after the trip
Availability: All year.
Meeting point: Silfra parking lot | Park your car at P5 parking lot at Thingvellir and walk back to the parking lot where the snorkeling/diving vans are (see photo below under “meeting point”)
GPS: Latitude: 64.255739 – Longitude: –21.124083 – View on Google Maps HERE
Meeting time: 30 minutes before tour start time.
Bring with you: Thick socks, contact lenses if you wear glasses, long underwear and a change of clothes (just in case) & a towel.
Group size: 6 persons per guide.
Duration: 2-3 hours (you will be in the water for around 30-40 minutes
NOTE: Participants must have read, signed and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here (You can sign the form at the meeting location).
Please keep in mind that If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form
To be able to do this tour, you have to be able to comply with the following requirements:
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. You can sign the form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in the water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English or have an interpreter with you at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 65 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
✅ Small group (max 6 people per guide)
✅ Certified snorkeling guide
✅ Free GoPro underwater photos
✅ All necessary snorkeling equipment
✅ Warm undersuit and drysuit
✅ Silfra admission fee
✅ Hot drinks and cookies after the tour!
Snorkeling in Silfra is truly once in a lifetime experience! National Geographic describes Silfra as one of the top dive sites in the world. Find out for yourself as you glide between tectonic plates floating on pure, filtered glacial meltwater. This is the ultimate bucket list trip. Only available in Iceland.
You will begin this tour at our meeting point at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Once you are there, you will take a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the park. Here, you will listen as your friendly and experienced PADI Divemaster guide provides a safety briefing. Later, you will receive all of the necessary equipment for snorkeling in Silfra, including a thermal undersuit, a drysuit, neoprene hoods and gloves, and, of course, a mask, snorkel and fins. This equipment will keep you buoyant throughout your time in the fissure, as well as offering protection against the glacial water.
Once in the water, your eyes will meet the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as the natural under-water flora canyon walls. As you are swimming you will have the opportunity to move across continents, as you will be switching back and forth from both the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, which is one of Thingvellir’s most famous characteristics. Swimming further, you will meet Silfra Hall, which is the widest section on the fissure and the majestic Silfra Cathedral, its deepest section. Even more, the stunning shallow oasis will be presented before your eyes at the end, “Real Blue Lagoon”.
Upon exiting the water, you’ll be invited to warm up hot chocolate and cookies with your friendly guides while having a nice chat. Then, after the tour is over you will receive the photos in your email to remember all the happy memories created with old and new friends.